Monday 21 January 2013

Snowthing

Because occasionally I do other things than sport

So that's my girls and our tiny Snowthing. It's been thick ice or snow here since 17th, so I guess that's me failing at Janathon - couldn't get out to run or go to Masters (boo!), had to cancel my classes on Saturday, and in all honesty just too knackered and busy with other stuff to find the energy to do anything indoors. I did make a point of getting some pre-midnight bedtimes and feel a bit better for it, even though I'm still sneezing my head off. We have been out to throw snowballs and build snowthings, though, and there's been extra walking involved as it's been too risky to take the car up the hill to school. Today school texted to say they were short on staff, so whilst they were open, we could keep the kids home if we wanted to. I only need the flimsiest pretext not to walk up that hill in bad weather, so impromptu snow day it was.

It looks like we're stuck with it til at least the end of the week so I doubt I'll get much more done in the name of Janathon - it was certainly fun whilst it lasted, though, and kicked off my fitness mindset very well. I am actually looking forward to being able to get out for a run.